Sunday night and it has truly been a fantastic weekend- I am a very happy girl. My good friend came up to visit me from San Jose and we had all sorts of fun! Saturday we went rafting on the Klamath river in Northern California. It was mainly class 2 with a couple class 3 rapids… great for another intro to tahiti-ing! I’m hooked.
After rafting we were beat. The sun really took it out of us. However, Saturday morning, we were eager to get outside again so we decided to hike Grizzly Peak in Ashland. I’ve wanted to do this hike for quite some time now but never got around to it. It was a beautiful hike… 5 miles through forest, meadow, on the ridge of the mountain and dead trees, every mile was different. I recommend the hike to anyone in Southern Oregon!
After a shower and some relaxation time, we went back out to pick blackberries (I’m hooked!). We had our hearts set on making this delicious treat. It turned out amazing and I must share the recipe with you. If you love healthy desserts, cheesecake, tortes, blackberries or chocolate, I recommend trying this blackberry chocolate pie! It was a little time consuming but totally worth it. Oh, I also killed my Vitamix in the process. Hopefully it’s covered under the warranty. Here is the recipe!
Blackberry Chocolate Pie Recipe
- ¾ cup almonds
- ¾ cup shredded coconut
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1½ tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp agave
- 1½ tps vanilla
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked for a couple horus)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup raw cacao butter
- ¼ cup coconut butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup cacao powder
- a couple handfuls of fresh blackberries
- 1 part cacao powder to 2 parts agave.
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Press mixture into the bottom of a springform pan.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth. Hand mix in fresh blackberries. Spoon mixture into springform pan.
- Freeze for 1 hour minimum or until torte is set.
- Top with fresh blackberries and chocolate syrup.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, help us produce more of them! We put a lot of work into bringing you the best content possible. Learn how you can support our blog here, without spending a dime!