Around the holidays I crave ginger snap cookies (for some crazy reason!). Last season, my homemade gingerbread latte curbed that craving. However, I have been craving ginger snap cookies for a few weeks now so after hiking a few miles in the snow, I finally gave in and made them.
These ginger snap cookies are made with almond flour so they are grain free, easy to make and have a fairly mild taste. They cook up in about 8 minutes, so from start to finish you could be in the kitchen for 20 minutes max! My kind of cookies! I should also probably tell you that these are CHEWY gingersnap cookies which honestly is my preference. I hope you enjoy this recipe! These were inspired by Elana’s Pantry and Mommypotamus.
How to Make Chewy Ginger Snap Cookies
- 2 cups almond flour
- ⅓ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp blackstrap molasses
- 6 tbsp butter (melted)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1½ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of cloves
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine and mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add wet ingredients and mix.
- Place 1 rounded tbsp of dough in your hands and form a ball. Place on greased cookie sheet (or on a silpat on a cookie sheet) and press into a cookie shape.
- Bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove and let cool before picking up and removing from sheet.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, help us produce more of them! We put a lot of work into bringing you the best content possible. Learn how you can support our blog here, without spending a dime!
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- 7 Common Sense Hacks for Staying Cool When Working in the Heat - July 16, 2017
- Adding the Best Laser Level to Our Toolbox - July 15, 2017
- Installing Air Conditioning in Our RV - July 14, 2017