With fall being just two weeks away, I know I don’t just speak for myself when I say that I am excited for pumpkin season. Pumpkin candles, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin lattes, pumpkin chocolates, pumpkin pie, and everything else you can imagine. This morning I had the urge to celebrate the coming of fall a little early and decided to make something with the ingredients I already had in my house. I settled on pumpkin face scrub! Pumpkin face scrub is extremely easy to make. It only requires a handful of ingredients and you can get as creative as you want. When it comes to the health of your skin, homemade face scrubs are an excellent choice because you have control over the ingredients used. My skin has been very sensitive in the past so I have to stay away from all chemicals (which are in most all beauty products if you read the labels). My skin routine consists of using a mild castille soap for cleansing, coconut oil for moisturizing and and homemade face scrubs for exfoliating. The benefits of this pumpkin face scrub include:
- Exfoliating: Helps to remove the dead skin cells that can make skin appear dry leading to brighter and softer skin.
- Moisturizing: Jojoba oil has a very similar structure to sebum allows it to absorb easily into your skin making it a gentle moisturizer for all skin types.
- Acne-fighting: Coconut oil’s antimicrobial properties help destroy bacteria that can cause acne, preventing future breakouts.
I hope you enjoy this pumpkin face scrub recipe! To give as a gift, tie on a bow and create your own label. It bumps up the cuteness factor.
Pumpkin Face Scrub Recipe
- Bring oils to liquid state if they are cold.
- Mix all ingredients together.
Don’t feel like making pumpkin face scrub? Here are some organic ones below!
|Premium Moisturizing Body Sugar Scrub, All-Natural, Refreshing Peppermint Twist and Spicy Pumpkin Swirl||100% Organic Pumpkin Body Scrub||Shea Terra Organics Gingered Pumpkin Organic Shea Butter & Fair Trade Sugar Scrub|
Did you enjoy this post? If so, help us produce more of them! We put a lot of work into bringing you the best content possible. Learn how you can support our blog here, without spending a dime!
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- 7 Common Sense Hacks for Staying Cool When Working in the Heat - July 16, 2017
- Adding the Best Laser Level to Our Toolbox - July 15, 2017
- Installing Air Conditioning in Our RV - July 14, 2017