This weekend was packed with cooking and baking. My favorite thing that came out of the weekend was my batch of hooter cookies! I was looking for raw cookie recipes and stumbled upon these. They are the cutest things ever, I don’t want to eat them! I found them on nouveauraw.com… lots of great raw recipes on here! I had one of the salads for lunch one day and may post it if I make it a second time and it’s still good.
Also this weekend, I made pumpkin butter for the first time. My camera kicked the bucket and I didn’t have another camera to use this weekend, so I wasn’t able to photograph it, but I will!
Onto the hooters. They were pretty easy to make (but VERY messy). They taste delicious, maybe even better than a normal oatmeal cookie.
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 cup oat flour (made in my Vitamix)
- 1 cup cashew butter (made in my Vitamix)
- ½ cup agave
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sea salt
- chocolate chips for eyes
- almonds for nose
- Mix everything (except chocolate chips and almonds) together. I had to do it in a few batches because my food processor is tiny.
- Roll and flatten 1 tbsp of dough for the body, and a pinch of dough for each eye.
- Press in the chocolate chips and almonds.
- Place cookies in a dehydrator.
- Dehydrate at 145°F for 45 minutes, and then lower to 105° for 8 hours or so.