This is my first post! Since we are seeing the first hints of fall, I have been craving some good soup. I have only made soup from scratch one other time in my life- and that was about 2 weeks ago (potato & leek soup)! I browsed through some blogs and found a recipe for Spinach & Pesto Soup. I have 3 other people at my house often: a vegetarian/gluten-free girl, and 2 guys who aren’t always a fan of my experiments (but they try them all at least, and even like some!) Anyways… all 3 said this soup was a HIT. I will definitely make it again. I altered the original recipe a bit because I like a little substance to my soups. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 bell peppers
- 2 carrots
- a few cloves of garlic (I say the more garlic the merrier)
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cans great northern beans
- 1 can pinto beans
- a few hearty handfuls of spinach
- a large handful of basil
- parmesan cheese
- olive oil
- 1½ tsp dried marjoram
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrot and bell pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.
- Stir in broth and marjoram; bring to a boil over high heat.
- Meanwhile, put 1 tbsp olive oil, parmesan and basil in a food processor. Process until a paste forms, scraping sides as necessary.
- Add pesto to soup. Season with pepper.
- Let sit for 5-10 minutes over low heat.
Did you enjoy this post? If so, help us produce more of them! We put a lot of work into bringing you the best content possible. Learn how you can support our blog here, without spending a dime!
Latest posts by Alyssa (see all)
- 7 Common Sense Hacks for Staying Cool When Working in the Heat - July 16, 2017
- Adding the Best Laser Level to Our Toolbox - July 15, 2017
- Installing Air Conditioning in Our RV - July 14, 2017